845-457-1100 ext 311
Norman M. Sassi ,CPA
With 36 years of experience, Marti brings a wealth of audit, accounting and tax planning knowledge to Nugent & Haeussler. He specializes in high net-worth individuals as well all levels of business and individual taxation. He also specializes in the auditing of financial institutions, for profit entities in all sectors, as well as school districts and other governmental entities.
Marti was one of the lead engagement partners that took two banking clients public with the Securities Exchange Commission and is highly specialized in assisting firm clients in this area.
Additionally, Marti lead the firm as managing partner from 2005 through 2017 fostering firm culture and management of all firm activities.
Marti was born in Barre, Vermont, and is a graduate of Middletown High School. He and his wife Lisa currently live in Middletown and have six grown children.
Bachelor of Science, State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
Associate of Science in Accounting, Orange County Community College, Middletown, NY
Civic and Professional Organizations
• Board Member of the Walden Savings Bank
• Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Member of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Past President of the Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter of the NYS Society of CPAs
• Past Board Member of New Dynamics
• Past Board Member of Occupations, Inc.
• Past Board Member of Middletown Community Health Center